a

What's This? A New Blog Post?!?!

I'm becoming frugal in my old age!
It’s official. I am the world’s worst blogger. I blame my lack of posts to being off my once-typical writing routine. I’ve gotten lazy with writing, and that’s not cool. Time for me to fish or cut bait, as they say.

So…it’s 2012. We survived the excess of the holidays, the hustle-bustle of the new year, and the forced romance of Valentine’s Day. Since I last wrote, I’m a year older (yikes!) and still busy with work and life. I’ve also noticed that I am becoming more and more miserly as I age.

My new-found frugality is another reason for my lack of blog posts: I simply haven’t had the desire to spend a ton of money on makeup and skincare products. GASP! I used to not think twice about plopping down $25 for a tube of mascara. Now? I find myself picking a $8 tube at my local Target without feeling like I’m missing something.

My skincare products have been whittled down to a bottle of Olay for Sensitive Skin for the daytime and a $5 jar of Olay Night before bed (when I remember).  I just haven’t invested money (or time!) into hunting down the hottest, newest, most exciting products. I seem to have made a subconscious effort to simplify.

And I’m ok with that.

There are plenty of kick ass beauty products out there that don’t cost a fortune. I’ve always been a big fan of Maybelline for mascara and Revlon for lipstick. And when it comes to a body moisturizer? I love Palmer’s Cocoa Butter more than I probably should.

So how about you? What is your favorite inexpensive beauty or skincare product? Do you feel that you’re depriving yourself of anything if you don’t buy a “prestige” brand product? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Description: What's This? A New Blog Post?!?!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewer: Cute
ItemReviewed: What's This? A New Blog Post?!?!