a

Taming the Mane

A few posts ago, I was lamenting my inability to deal with my hair.  My hair was frizzy and out of control.  Since that post, I've done a few things...and I've had some decent results.

CUT AND COLOR
Here's an embarrassing fact: I go ages between hair cuts.  Yes, I am an alleged beauty blogger.  Yes, I know better.  I don't have an excuse for the huge lapses between cuts...I guess it's just laziness.  I'd finally had it with my split ends, I scheduled an hour+ with my stylist to refresh my highlights, trim away my dead, split ends, and give my hair some shape.  That helps...a lot!

PRODUCTS
I have also been trying out a few different products (on different days...I don't use these all together...all at once).  Here's what's been on my hair rotation:
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil: Available at big box stores for about $8.  A little bit of this oil goes a long way, so my bottle has really lasted a long time.  I put it in my hair when I just get out of the shower, and it seems to make my hair much smoother after I'm done blow drying.
Sebastian Potion 9 Light: Available in salons and online for less than $17.  I love the way this smells and make my hair feel.  It provides a flexible hold, lasting moisture and styling manageability.  I spray it on before blow drying, and it give my hair a polished, finished look.
Verb Finishing Polish: On sale now at Ulta (with a whole line of nice hair products) for $12.  After my hair is dried and styled, I run a small dollop through my hair, concentrating mostly on the ends.  It really helps control the flyaways, taming split ends and frizz. 


TOOLS
I've been trying to be a little less aggressive when it comes to combing my wet hair.  To help me, I've been using a wide tooth comb.

I think I might need to pickup a new hair dryer.  My current dryer is ancient...I think I got it for free from Ulta many moons ago, so it's not the best thing in the world.  Here's where I need your help...what's your favorite dryer?  And, how much is reasonable to spend on a dryer?

Hopefully with the use of these products and with a more conscious effort on my part to take care of my hair, my bad hair days will be behind me.

Description: Taming the Mane
Rating: 4.5
Reviewer: Cute
ItemReviewed: Taming the Mane