a

Beauty Product of the Week: Sugar Lip Treatment

What is it? Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 is formulated with an array of ingredients that nourish and protect the lips. Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture while hydrating meadowfoam and black currant seed oils condition the lips. It is further enriched with antioxidant-rich vitamins to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals and provides year-round protection from damaging UV rays. The versatile formula allows for buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue and is the perfect partner to the bestselling Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15. Available in three shades (and clear) at Sephora for $22.50.


What did you think? If you're a beauty insider at Sephora, you'll get two small tubes of Fresh Sugar lip treatments for your birthday: the clear version and Rose, a lightly tinted version.  Both feel great going on and last a while (always a plus!).

While I like the clear version, I prefer the tinted lip treatment.  The color is very pretty and easy to wear, and when I wear it, I feel like I'm just wearing lip balm...not a heavy lip color.  I can swipe the tinted lip treatment on with little effort and look very put together.  I like that!

My only complaint is how the tubes open.  You have to twist the base, which always makes me worry that I'm raising the product with the cap still on (I'm not...but it feels weird).  Other than that, I really like this product and plan to buy a full size when my birthday freebie runs out. 


Final verdict?  This is a pricey product, but for once, I think it's worth it.  The color options are great for everyday use--they're subtle but flattering (perfect for a day at the office), and there's a shade for everyone.  It feels light but moisturizing and is much more fun than a tube of Chap Stick!

Description: Beauty Product of the Week: Sugar Lip Treatment
Rating: 4.5
Reviewer: Cute
ItemReviewed: Beauty Product of the Week: Sugar Lip Treatment